Monday, May 4, 2009

catching up

(4-22-93)well hello again everyone I've got alt of catching up to do so bare with me.
yesterday was my daughter's 16Th birthday. the note i left on her card read"on this day in 1993 was very special to me too; god gave me you" i know that's so sweet.
I've always tried to make her birthdays special. i want her to know she matters.
last weekend Lillian my daughter, me, Phillip my son and her friend Hanna all went to Columbia state historic park. its up in the mountains near where we live. it was great there wasn't anything we didn't do. (I'm posting pic,s)there was a stage coach ride that included getting held up and robbed like back in the settlers day, we dressed up and took pictures like the woman of that era, wax dipping, lunch in the park, also theres a well known candy store there you can watch them make chocolate ANYTHING it is soooo good. we also walked the streets and seen how the old gold mining settlers lived (wow and we think we live in depressing times)climbed the rocks that were formed from miners blasting the walls of the earth to find gold. it was just a great day.my daughters birthdays normally last about a week cause shes so special, so on her actual birth-date 4-21- we had our annual cake bashing party. Lil and her friends and our neighbors get together and throw cake at each other along with ice cream and juice of course. thankfully the neighborhoods parents don't mind if their kids get a little chocolaty.lol. theirs a quote in a mothers journal that i have that reads;babies are such a nice way to start people. i couldn't agree more and how appropriate that page it fell on my daughters birthday

2 comments:

  1. Slounds like lots of fun.Yes My God daughter is growing uo so fast.Your never to old for CAKE FIGHT......

    ReplyDelete
  2. john says you've deserted us for face book, is this true? too many bloggeers have left this yr, please reconsider & do a long post every week or two, so we can keep in touch.
    if you blog long enough, & visit lots of blogs leaving comments, you'll start getting lots of comments too.
    hope you reconsider & stay blogging.
    huggies...

    ReplyDelete